Recipe adapted from: The Roasted Root
Yield: 9 large brownies
· 1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
· 2 eggs
· 1/3 cup cacao powder
· 2/3 cup brown sugar
· 2 tablespoons milk
· 1 teaspoon coffee grinds*
· 2 teaspoons baking powder
· ½ cup dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and line a 22 x 22cm pan with baking paper (or lightly oil it).
2. Add all ingredients for the brownies to a blender and blend until completely smooth.
3. Pour the brownie batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 24 to 26 minutes or until brownies test clean.
4. Allow brownies to cool at least 20 minutes before cutting and serving.
*You can use instant coffee or leave this ingredient out altogether
If you are interested in more bean recipes, feel free to contact me via e-mail. I will gladly supply you with additional creative recipes.
If you have any questions or comments about this above mentioned topic, please do share your views. I appreciate any feedback!