3 tablespoons canola oil
2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
2 cloves garlic, chopped
8 scallions, sliced, white and green parts separated
1 tablespoon curry powder
4 medium carrots, chopped
1 large russet potato, peeled and cut into 2cm pieces
1 cup red lentils
4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
kosher salt and black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the ginger, garlic, and scallion whites and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the curry powder.
- Add the carrots, potato, lentils, broth, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the lentils and vegetables are tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle the curry with the scallion greens and serve.