This was really one of those creative recipes that was born out of curiosity and experimenting. And boy was it delicious! Step out of the way pizza, here is a next crowd pleaser! Enjoy!
- 250g lean mince
- 1 can of blackbeans
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 can Tomato and Onion mix
- 1 can Tomato puree
- 4 x Wholewheat wraps
- Low fat cottage cheese
- 1 tsp Oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven on 180°C and prepare an ovenproof dish with non-stick spray.
- In a medium sized pan over a high heat, saute the onion and garlic.
- Once fragrant and translucent, add the lean mince and continue until lightly browned. Add salt, pepper and oregano to taste.
- Add the can of blackbeans and ¼ can of Tomato and Onion mix and ¼ can of Tomato puree.
- Layer the ovenproof dish with a wholewheat wrap, spread with cottage cheese, bean and mince mixture, tomato and onion mix and tomato puree, topped with crushed Doritos. Follow the sequence until all ingredients are done.
- Top with cottage cheese and bake for 20 minutes.
Note: Although Doritos won’t be the healthiest option, the amount that you would need for the crunch and flavour in this recipe won’t break the (diet) bank.