If cooking with herbs seems too unattainable and for people who have everything together, think again. This quick, easy and delicious recipe is perfect to first try your hand at cooking with fresh herbs and to add to the list of positives regarding this recipe, the combination of chicken and rosemary is really a match made in heaven.
This chicken breast is coated in a garlic and herb sauce, then oven baked with roasted veggies until the chicken is golden brown perfection.
Preparation: 5 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Calories: 1138 kilojoules
- 600g skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepared roasted vegetables
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary leaves (lightly chopped)
- 1 large clove of garlic (or 1 1/4 teaspoons minced)
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Or to shake things up a bit, you may replace this with balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- lemon slices and rosemary sprigs for serving optional
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- While this is cooking, steam or blanche the vegetables until al dente. Add them to a baking dish (coated with cooking spray) when done.
- Transfer the chicken to the baking dish, either nestled tightly between the vegetables or on top, whichever you prefer.
- In a bowl, combine the rosemary, remainder of the olive oil, garlic, chicken stock and lemon juice. Pour the mixture over the chicken and vegetables.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through*.
- Drizzle the sauce at the bottom of the baking dish over the chicken and vegetables, then sprinkle with parsley and serve.
- Garnish with lemon slices and rosemary sprigs if desired.
*Baking time may vary depending on the thickness of your chicken breasts.