aboutEn Bonne Santé
who we are
Founded in 2016, En Bonne Santé is French for ‘In good health’ and summarises what we would want everybody to experience. Everyone deserves happiness and health!
To achieve this, the Dieticians at En Bonne Santé give practical and individual-specific advice, guidelines and diets. We also strive to prevent lifestyle diseases by education and sustainable lifestyle changes.
The Bakery section believes that you should have your cake and eat it!! We formulate diabetic, hypertensive, slimmer friendly decadent treats but also some guilty pleasure indulgences as well. We specialize in cakes, cupcakes, tarts and rare occasion types of cakes, for example wedding cakes.
our start-up victories
- ADSA (Association for Dietetics of South Africa)
- In-house dietician for a South African neutraceutical company.
- Consult dietician for an Australian Management Consultancy firm.
- Personal dietician of a top Protea Cricket player.
Our long-term goal is to have the En Bonne Santé Wellness Centre up and running within the next few years, with all the different divisions conveniently situated on the same premises.
- En Bonne Santé Bakery – Dietetic delicacies (Coffee Shop)
Where you can enjoy delectable but healthier versions of your favourite cakes, cupcakes, muffins, scones, quiches and toasted sandwiches.
- En Bonne Santé Dieticians
Dietetic consulting rooms specializing in:
Healthy living, diabetes and insulin resistance, hypertension, cholesterol, renal and liver dysfunction, Irritable bowel syndrome,
allergies and intolerances and many more.
- Physical activity sessions
In this division, with the help of a biokinetisist/personal trainer we will help patients achieve their personal goals, strength and cardiovascular fitness.
- Masterclasses and demonstrations
- And so much more..
About the Head Dietician:
Retha Harmse is a driven and passionate Dietician with a desire to improve health and wellness to prevent disease. As a dietician, she aims to see wellness not only as a healthy weight or a disease-free life, but rather as life in abundance in all aspects of a person’s life.
During her studies her passion and determination also led her to run (and be elected) as the vice-chairman and chairman of the Dietetics committee of the North-West University.
She finished her BSc Dietetics degree with twenty-two distinctions during the course of her four-year studies.
She has experience in:
- Public Health, having worked in Charlotte Maxeke Johannesburg Academic Hospital (previously known as Johannesburg General), Dihlabeng Regional Hospital, Phekolong District Hospital and nine rural Free-state clinics.
- Clinical dietetics, seeing Intensive Care and renal dialysis patients as well as diabetes mellitus, hypertension and weight loss patients.
- Corporate, joining a nutraceutical company in 2017 as the inhouse Dietician.
In addition to this, she fulfils her tasks as an ADSA (Association for Dietetics of South Africa) spokesperson by being a regular voice on national radio stations, sharing expert advice with magazines and newspapers as well as being a public speaker at events.
Only every second saturday
08:00 - 13:00
+(27) 63 655 7092
Oxford Healthcare Centre,
First floor, 75 Oxford Road,