- Mindful and intuitive eating, improving one’s relationship with food, eating disorders. Diabetes Mellitus and insulin resistance, Hypertension, Cholesterol, Gut-Health and Irritable bowel syndrome, Pregnancy and lactation, Allergies and Intolerances and more. Consultation can take place in the comfort of your own home or at our offices (Lynnwood Park, Pretoria or Saxonwold, Johannesburg).
- Sportsnutrition sessions to help you reach your individualised fitness goals and improve your performance. Group consultations are welcome!
We also offer Vitality assessments: Vitality members can have a Vitality Nutrition Assessment done at En Bonne Santé Dieticians. Learn more about your eating habits and earn up to 1000 Vitality points.
- If you want to know whether we are able to treat a medical condition with medical nutrition thearapy, please contact us.
Guided grocery shopping
Confused and frustrated when going grocery shopping? We will assist you in making the correct and healthy choices by guiding you through the aisles and teaching you helpful skills (label reading etc).
Do your ‘Inbody’ analysis to get a clear picture about the distribution of your muscle, fat percentage and not only a number on the scale.
Whether you are looking to include healthier options for your clients (restaurant or deli) or if you want to improve your current menu (hotels, schools, old age homes, canteen) contact us to help you.
Steered by a registered dietician, these classes aim to empower you by providing practical tips and lessons to achieve optimal health. Depending on the topic discussed it may include a demonstration as well. Topics will consist of:
- Improving your relationship with food and your body
- Intuitive eating: What is is and incorporating the 10 principles
- Recipe adaptation
- Understanding nutrition labels
- Making your own vegetable garden
- Clever cooking tips for a busy lifestyle
- Understanding sports nutrition
- Infant feeding (breastfeeding, making your own baby food, allergies)
- Or any nutrition topic that might interest you
Navigating the internet to find reliable nutrition information can be quite daunting. En Bonne Santé aims to clear up confusion, provide up-to-date, accurate evidence-based information for magazines, newspapers, radio, television and as a speaker at events.
Both Retha and Michelle serve on the National Executive Committee of ADSA (Association for Dietetics of South Africa) – Retha in the public relations portfolio and Michelle in Representation and both of them being ADSA spokespersons.
Some of our highlights:
- ‘Bite for Life’ with Retha Harmse – talk show host on Life FM 100.6FM (25-minute weekly educational health-program) – program was running for 4 months until Retha relocated.
- Speaker at a South African Council of Business Women events.
- Television guest on SABC 2’s Health Talk with Dr Sello Motaung regarding Nutrition.
- Television guest on SABC 2’s Health Talk with Dr Sello Motaung regarding Eating disorders.
- Television interview on eNCA morning news for National Nutrition and Obesity Week 2018 regarding the Importance of Breakfast.
- Television interview on eNCA afternoon news for World Diabetes Day 2018 regarding “Diabetes and the Family”.
- Television interview on eNCA afternoon news regarding binge-eating disorder.
- Television interview on eNCA morning news regarding Nutrition and Immunity.
- Television interview on eNCA morning news regarding packing healthy lunchboxes.
- Published in Sunday Times regarding Detoxing.
- Featured in Balanced Life Magazine regarding vitamin drips “What is the deal with IV Therapy?”.
- Consult dietitian for Albany Bread-A-Betix (Diabetic Low GI bread) promotional launch.
- Lecturer for Health and Nutrition and Basic Culinary skills at a post-matric gap year programme called Equilibria.
- Presented at Association for Dietetics in South Africa Pretoria branch regarding Intuitive Eating.
Within the corporate sector wellness interventions may help empower employees to improve nutrition and lifestyle habits by providing nutritional. Chronic and lifestyle diseases impact people by reducing productivity, decreased immunity and more sick-leave and increasing costs. Successful wellness programs in workplace settings, have been shown to; improve employee health, decision making ability, loyalty and employee morale, while reducing the effects of absenteeism, employee stress, workforce turn over and organizational conflict.
Contact us to discuss your needs for a tailor-made package to suit your needs.
Eg (Wellness Day Nutrition Stand, On-site Vitality Nutrition Consultations, Health Risk screening/assessments, Managerial Consulting (private consultation for managers with our executive health package)
Only every second saturday
08:00 - 13:00
+(27) 63 655 7092