It is that time of the year again, the month of love, and even though we cannot necessarily go out and celebrate Valentine’s day like we use to, we can still make this a memorable day filled with love and some good food. To ensure that we still keep our health in mind during this celebration, we created a delicious chocolate mousse recipe for you to enjoy with that special someone, because what is Valentine’s day without a bit of chocolate?
A satisfying chocolate mousse should be smooth, creamy, and rich – now who said you cannot have these characteristics in a healthy dessert? We replaced the heavy cream normally used in chocolate mousse (that contain high amounts of saturated fat) with some yoghurt and milk to ensure the result is still smooth and velvety (and healthier). The mild tart taste of this divine dessert pairs perfectly with some fresh raspberries, a true culinary experience. This will be the perfect addition to your Valentines dinner.
- 200 ml low-fat milk
- 75 g Dark chocolate
- 12 g Gelatine
- 10 ml Cacao powder
- 150 ml plain low-fat yoghurt
- 5 ml Vanilla essence
- In a heatproof bowl, heat the milk and add the gelatine to dissolve.
- Add the dark chocolate and stir until melted, then add the cacao and vanilla essence and mix well. Allow to cool slightly.
- Add the yoghurt to the chocolate mixture and mix with a whisk until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into 4 x 125 ml jars or cups and place in the refrigerator to set for 2-3 hours.
- Top with some raspberries or any topping of your choice.